You can request a braille ballot paper for this Local Government Election.
To do this you need to register with the NSW Electoral Commission by phoning 1300 135 736.
- You can register between the hours of 9am to 5pm from Monday 10th July, through to Wednesday 9th August 2017.
- You will need to make a verbal declaration that you are eligible for Braille voting.
Braille ballot papers can be:
- Posted to your home address or an alternative address of your choice
- Delivered to a pre-poll venue within the council area conducting that election, or
- Delivered to a Polling Place (of your choice) on Election Day within the council area conducting that election.
When phoning to register to receive a braille ballot paper, you will need to:
- Make a verbal declaration that you are unable to read an ordinary ballot paper and therefore require a ballot paper in braille format – this is a legal requirement.
- Provide the postal address that you want braille ballot papers to be sent to (if they are being posted).