'Enrol and vote' at a polling venue

From the opening of early voting 28 August to Election Day, 9 September 2017

If you are eligible to be on the electoral roll in NSW, but currently you are not on the roll or your enrolled address is not correct, you can update your enrolment details at a pre-poll venue or polling place and cast a provisional vote through a process known as ‘Enrol and Vote’.

To use the ‘Enrol and Vote’ option, you must be a resident of New South Wales, over 18 and an Australian citizen.

To do this, you need to produce, as proof of identity, your NSW driver licence or NSW photo card, which shows your residential address where you wish to be enrolled. If you were not born in Australia, you will also need to provide your citizenship certificate number or Australian passport number.

If you have recently moved, or updated your enrolment details, you need to confirm where you are enrolled, before asking about your voting options at our enquiry centre (1300 135 736), or at a polling place on election day.